1. We respect your privacy
1.2 ‘Personal information‘ is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 We will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you provide via our website, or directly to us, or given to us in other forms.
2.2 You may provide basic information such as your name, your company or employer’s name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may also collect additional information at other times, such as when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
2.3 Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
4.1 We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information. We may make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
4.2 We may contact you by a variety of measures such as by telephone, email, sms or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
5.2 We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
5.3 We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Groove Tiles & Stone, www.groovetiles.com.au, its customers or third parties.
5.4 Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
5.5 If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
6.1 We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Credit Information
7.1 If you are applying for credit under a Commercial Credit Account, we may collect information about you from credit reporting bodies. This information can include:
- identification information;
- details about information requests made about you to credit reporting bodies;
- current and historical details about credit applications you have made and credit arrangements you have entered into;
- information about overdue payments, default listings and about serious credit infringements and information about payments or subsequent arrangements in relation to either of these;
- various publicly available information like bankruptcy and credit-related court judgments; and
- credit scores or risk assessments indicating an assessment of your credit worthiness.
7.2 This information relates primarily to your dealings with other credit providers (for example, banks, other financial institutions, or other organisations that may provide you with credit in connection with their products or services). It may also include certain credit worthiness information that we derive from the data that we receive from a credit reporting body. Sometimes we may collect this information about you from other credit providers.
7.3 We may disclose your credit information to credit reporting bodies. They in turn may include it in credit reporting information they provide to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness.
7.4 In addition to the ways for using personal information mentioned above, we may also use your credit information to:
- enable an insurer to assess the risk of providing insurance to us or to address our contractual arrangements with the insurer;
- assess whether to accept a guarantor or the risk of a guarantor being unable to meet their obligations;
- collecting amounts you may owe us in relation to such credit and dealing with serious credit infringements;
- assigning our debt;
- participating in the credit reporting system;
- dealing with complaints or regulatory matters relating to credit or credit reporting; and
- when required or authorised by another law.
7.5 You have the right to request credit reporting bodies not to:
- use your credit eligibility information to determine your eligibility to received direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose your credit eligibility information if you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
8. Contact details for Credit Reporting Bodies
8.1 As outlined above, when we are checking your credit worthiness and at other times, we might collect information about you from one or more credit reporting bodies. The contact details of the credit reporting bodies we currently use are outlined below. Each credit reporting body has a credit reporting policy about how they handle your information. You can obtain copies of these policies at their websites.
National Credit Insurance (Brokers) Pty Ltd (NCI)
ABN: 68 008 090 702
Credit reporting policy: https://nci.com.au/privacy/
9. Access to your personal information
9.1 You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.2 We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
10. Complaints about privacy
10.1 If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to Terri Barbera, Groove Tiles & Stone, PO Box 519 Ormeau QLD 4208 or by email email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
12.1 When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.groovetiles.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
12.4 Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Groove Tiles & Stone is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.